Prof. Dr. Andreas Mayr (Dipl.-Stat.)
Venusberg-Campus 1, 53127 Bonn
1. OG / R 628 (Building 11)
Office: Doreen Hachenberger
Most Recent Publications
- Strömer A, Staerk C, Klein N, Weinhold L, Titze S and Mayr A (2021): Deselection of Base-Learners for Statistical Boosting – with an Application to Distributional Regression. Statistical Methods in Medical Research. accepted
- Wistuba T, Mayr A, Staerk C (2021): Estimating the course of the COVID-19 pandemic in Germany via spline-based hierarchical modelling of death counts. arXiv preprint.
- Staerk C and Mayr A (2021): Randomized boosting with multivariable base-learners for high-dimensional variable selection and prediction. BMC Bioinformatics. doi: 10.1186/s12859-021-04340-z.
- Staerk C, Wistuba T, Mayr A (2021): Estimating effective infection fatality rates during the course of the COVID-19 pandemic in Germany. BMC Public Health 21, 1073.
- Dürr P, Schlichtig K, Kelz C, Deutsch B, Maas R, Eckart MJ, Wilke J, Wagner H, Wolff K, Preuß C, Brückl V, Meidenbauer N, Staerk C, Mayr A, Fietkau R, Goebell PJ, Kunath F, Beckmann MW, Mackensen A, Neurath MF, Pavel M, Dörje F & Fromm MF (2021). The Randomized AMBORA Trial: Impact of Pharmacological/Pharmaceutical Care on Medication Safety and Patient-Reported Outcomes During Treatment With New Oral Anticancer Agents. Journal of Clinical Oncology, JCO-20. (Press release)
- Kirfel A, Menzenbach J, Guttenthaler V, Feggeler J, Mayr A, Coburn M & Wittmann M. (2021). Postoperative delirium after cardiac surgery of elderly patients as an independent risk factor for prolonged length of stay in intensive care unit and in hospital. Aging Clinical and Experimental Research, 1-10.
- Rappl A, Mayr A & Waldmann E. (2021). More than one way: exploring the capabilities of different estimation approaches to joint models for longitudinal and time-to-event outcomes. The International Journal of Biostatistics.
- Methodological Research
- Statistical boosting algorithms
- GAMLSS (generalized additive models for location, scale and shape)
- Quantile regression, prediction inference and prediction intervals
- Polygenic risk scores
- Clinical Trials Unit: SZB
- Paediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology
- Eating disorders
- Schizophrenia and depression
- Postoperative delirium
- Mendelian randomization
- DFG Project (Boosting copulas – multivariate distributional regression for digital medicine)
- COST CA18138 Research Innovation and Sustainable Pan-European Network in Peripartum Depression Disorder
- AMBORA Trial: Pharmacological/Pharmaceutical care during treatment with new oral anticancer agents
- PROPDESC Study: Prediction of postoperative delirium by appropriate screening
- 2018-pres. Professor for Epidemiology at the University Bonn, head of WG Statistial Methods in Epidemiology
- 2017-2018 Interim Professor for Applied Stochastics at the Department of Statistics, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
- 2013-2017 Post-doctoral Researcher at the FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg, head of WG Computational Biostatistical Modelling
- 2010-2013 Doctoral thesis at the Dept. of Medical Informatics, Biometry and Epidemiology at the Friedrich-Alexander-Universtität Erlangen-Nürnberg
- 2004-2010 Diploma in Statistics, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München