Working Group Statistical Methods in Epidemiology
Welcome to the website of the working group Statistical Methods in Epidemiology in the Department of Medical Biometrics, Informatics and Epidemiology (IMBIE) at the University of Bonn.
We are interested in the development of new methodology in the field of computational statistics and in the applied analysis of biomedical and epidemiological data.
- Methodological research
- Statistical boosting
- GAMLSS (generalized additive models for location, scale and shape)
- Quantile regression
- Prediction inference and prediction intervals
- Variable selection for high-dimensional data
- Paediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology
- Eating disorders
- Schizophrenia and depression
- Medical Internet research
The IMBIE offers statistical consulting for scientific staff and doctoral candidates (please see Statistische Beratung). For other projects, please do not hesitate to contact us if you are interested in a cooperation. We are always open to new areas of application.
We also offer various topics for Bachelor or Master theses with a focus on statistical methodology. Please get in touch with us if you are interested.